Last updated: October 21st, 2019
Dry skin is beyond unpleasant. Especially when it’s your face that we’re talking about. So, this article reveals some really good face cream for dry skin that will fix you right up in 2020 and beyond.
But, best of all, this article also tells you how to get super silky smooth skin using the top 5 products (plus one bonus product at the very end) that I’m about to recommend…
Top Dry Skin Cream #1. Pond’s Dry Skin Cream
Pond’s Dry Skin Cream is an affordable, time-tested and effective cream for healing your dry face.
I actually lather my face in Pond’s practically every morning and night. So, that’s why I consider it the top dry skin cream for both women and men.
Just make sure that your pores are closed before you use Pond’s, as some people consider it a “heavy” cream that may take a few minutes to fully absorb in your skin.
Splashing some cold water on your face before applying Pond’s should do the trick.
- Extremely affordable
- Light fragrance isn’t too noticeable
- Effective when used once or twice daily
- Needs at least a few minutes to absorb in your skin
- Some people feel that Pond’s is a “heavy” skin cream
Top Dry Skin Cream #2. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is another proven skin cream product from a brand that practically everyone loves.
If you’re into skin care, then you probably immediately recognize the CerAve name.
That’s because their products work very well. Especially when it comes to moisturizing your dry face, and keeping your skin super soft.
- This is a thick and creamy formula for heavy-duty skin hydration
- Ideal for evening and nighttime use
- If you have a severe case of dry facial skin then CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is probably one of your very best options
- This is a big 19 oz. tub that lasts a long time (most people take 6+ months to use all of it)
- CeraVe’s unscented formula makes this product really discreet and excellent for pairing with another fragrance (like a nice perfume or fresh cologne)
- This is one of the top value-priced creams for dry skin in terms of the price you pay for the amount of cream you receive
- This particular tub of cream doesn’t come with a pump – which would have been a nice added convenience
- There are probably better skin cream options for daytime use (like Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with Sunscreen)
Top Dry Skin Cream #3. Cetaphil DailyAdvance Lotion Ultra Hydrating
Cetaphil DailyAdvance Lotion Ultra Hydrating is a trusted, extremely hydrating lotion for treating dry skin.
The entire Cetaphil product lineup is actually a great choice for managing your skin, as Cetaphil was once even endorsed by musician Pharrell Williams, who claims to maintain a youthful appearance by washing his face and using Cetaphil products.
If Hollywood celebrities are endorsing Cetaphil, then it must be pretty decent stuff, right?
- Some people find Cetaphil products to work better than CeraVe products, and vise versa (they’re both used quite commonly)
- This is another extremely affordable dry skin cream that you can find on Amazon or in your local supermarket
- Cetaphil DailyAdvance’s clinically proven formula works for 24 hours
- Great option for people with sensitive skin
- Although this formula works for a full 24 hours, most people find that you have to reapply the cream later in the evening for best results
- Some people find that this formula is a little bit too greasy for them (this will largely depend on your skin type, and how your skin reacts to the cream)
Top Dry Skin Cream #4. Nubian Heritage Lotion with Raw Shea Butter and Myrrh
Nubian Heritage Lotion with Raw Shea Butter and Myrrh is the most “natural” lotion on this list.
I’m a huge fan of Nubian Heritage, as I use their African Black Soap pretty frequently, too.
The point of this lotion is simple. Nubian Heritage Lotion with Raw Shea Butter and Myrrh specializes in making your skin unbelievably soft.
You have to try this product for yourself to truly understand what I’m talking about.
- Contains unrefined African shea butter (the same stuff used in their African Black Soap) which makes your skin crazy-soft
- This is one of the greatest natural solutions that you’ll find for fixing your dry skin problems
- Most people only have to use this lotion once a day to achieve phenomenal results
- The product label incorrectly calls this a lotion when it’s actually a cream (it’s thick, rich and a little difficult to get out of the bottle)
- Some people find the natural scent of this cream to be overwhelming (it’s not a bad scent – just too strong for some)
Top Dry Skin Cream #5. LilyAna Naturals Face Cream
Yes, this cream can even help you reduce fine lines and wrinkles. So, adults with mature skin should definitely give this cream a try.
- Contains premium, organic ingredients like rose distillate, vitamin C, aloe vera and orange extract
- Works for all skin types (especially dry skin)
- Can also help you target hyperpigmentations, dark marks and redness
- Produces a light rose scent that’s subtle but noticeable
- Absorbs easily in skin
- The light rose scent that this formula gives off is perfect for women, but might not be a top choice for men
- You may have to wait a little while for this product to dry before applying makeup or other products
Top Dry Skin Cream Alternative (Bonus) #6. Ancient Greek Remedy
Ancient Greek Remedy is a 100% organic blend of olive, lavender, almond and grapeseed oil (plus other ingredients) which works amazingly well as an all-purpose body and face oil.
Yes, this product works equally well for your face, hair, scalp, feet or anywhere else you want to use it (just think of all the possibilities you naughty animal).
I love this stuff because it’s pure, and just like the name implies, it actually is an Ancient Greek Remedy.
The ancient Greeks used pure olive oil (and similar oils) to improve health, beauty and well-being – and this product is no exception.
- Completely organic solution for handling your dry skin problems
- Will make your face feel moisturized and smooth all day long
- You can use this product for all other areas on your body if you like (scalp, hands, feet etc.)
- Your skin will absorb the essential oils, high-quality vitamins and nutrients found in this product (receive real health benefits)
- This technically isn’t a cream or even a lotion product, but it’s too good to leave off of this list
- Some people refuse to use an oil-based solution for dry skin out of fear that it will make their skin feel too greasy
Good Face Cream for Dry Skin Conclusion
Still looking for a good face cream to use for your dry skin? I really hope not…
This article listed some of the very best face creams that I know and use.
In fact, most of the creams listed in this article are effective, easy-to-use and affordable.
There’s (hopefully) no reason why you should still be dealing with dry, flaky or peeling skin (unless you have a medical condition, of course).
I really hope that these products solve your dry skin problems. I’m confident that if you simply experiment with the dry skin treatments on this list, you’ll find a cream or lotion that works wonderfully for your skin.
Make sure to let me know if you know of any other dry skin cream recommendations that deserve to be on this list.
You can simply leave me a comment in the comments section below, and I’ll make sure to check out your recommendation.